Vacancy – Advanced Engineering Apprentice
Luxinar Ltd has an excellent opportunity for a Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) Apprentice.
Luxinar has been at the forefront of laser technology for over 20 years and is a leading manufacturer and designer of industrial laser systems. Whilst we are based in our modern, bespoke manufacturing facility in Hessle, just a stone’s throw away from the Humber Bridge, we operate globally.
We are a thriving innovative market leader; our success is driven from our people. Our culture is one that welcomes diversity, fosters talent, encourages personal development and progression, and places safety as our number one priority.
What you’ll be doing …
If you have an eye for detail, enjoy working to schedules and resolving problems, this is the apprenticeship for you.
This apprenticeship is designed to offer stretch and progression. Once you have gained the required experience, you will be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improvement. You will eventually be able to work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of the work you undertake.
You will become a key member of the Quality team and have the opportunity to learn how our market leading products meet the highest quality through our extensive testing during development and manufacture. You will be asked to:
- Identify trends, review data and spot opportunities for improvement and recommend any preventative and corrective actions
- Become involved in quality plan monitoring and investigate quality issues that arise within the site
- Work alongside a highly skilled team to continually develop quality performance and compliance across the business
- Learn how to plan, monitor and measuring quality objectives
What about you? Do you have …
- Five GCSEs at grade 9 to 4 (C or higher) including Mathematics, English and Science
- A genuine passion for digital technology
- Flexible attitude and ability to work under pressure as a strong team player
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving/Attention to detail and pro-active approach
- Commitment to safety
What we offer at Luxinar
- A stimulating and satisfying environment for personal growth & career development
- One of the best salary and benefits package available
Our story is one we are proud of, but it doesn’t end here. We are pioneers in our field, always looking to transform and grow our business, enthusiastic about the future. We need you to help us achieve this.
If you are interested, please send your CV together with a covering letter to our Recruitment team, Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org, before the closing date of 23:59pm, Friday 18th February 2022. Please mark your application “Quality Apprentice” otherwise your application may be delayed.