Vacancy – Development Support Technician
Luxinar Ltd has been at the forefront of laser technology for over 20 years, a leading manufacturer of industrial lasers. Whilst we are based in our modern, bespoke manufacturing facility in Hessle, just a stone’s throw away from the Humber Bridge, we operate globally, having installed over 20000 lasers worldwide. We’re a UK business thriving on a global stage.
Our science, innovation, rigour and commitment to proving business outcomes make us a trusted partner to organisations across the globe. Luxinar helps our customers win, and we need highly motivated people to join our dynamic team. We’re driven by being focused, assured, far-sighted, global and adventurous but we never forget our people.
Why work for us
Luxinar is an innovative market leader in the development of world-class industrial laser products.
- We value our people; they are very much our most important asset
- We are a diverse workforce of thinkers and doers
- We operate globally from our purpose built, state-of-the-art facility in Hessle, near Hull, East Yorkshire
- We encourage and facilitate personal growth and career development throughout the whole organisation
- We take pride in what we do, having a collaborative approach with all our customers and partners
This is a great opportunity to start a new career in our laser development laboratories, supporting the development, fabrication and testing of a whole range of electro-optical systems. We’re looking for a technically minded individual to join our Solid State Laser (SSL) design team. The role will be hands on, providing technical support on a range of new product development projects.
This role will challenge you and push you out of your comfort zone, so we’re looking for an engineer with an HNC/HND (or above) and ideally 1-2 years’ industrial experience. We expect a candidate who will look to support project design and development with their growing technical expertise. Our projects rely on contributions from many stakeholders hence the candidate should have experience of working within a multidisciplinary team.
You will be part of the team working at the forefront of laser system design and manufacture. You’ll need to be used to working within a production environment, experienced in using electrical test and diagnostic equipment, a keen troubleshooter testing and validating prototype systems, pipework and other sub-systems and equipment. You will be used to working off engineering drawings to fabricate mechanical/electrical and cooling systems. You should have experience of calibrating and maintaining laboratory equipment. You’ll ideally have the ability to learn on the job and be an excellent communicator.
What you’ll need to bring
- Some previous design experience
- HNC/HND educated or above
- Practical mechanical and electrical build skills
- Used to working with hand tools
- Some experience of design for manufacture or production engineering
- Some knowledge of engineering materials
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken)
Experience with any of the following is useful, although not required. The ability and willingness to learn is just as important.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
What we offer at Luxinar
- A competitive salary that will grow with your career
- An annual company bonus scheme, paid quarterly
- The offer of private health care for yourself and family
- Long-term sickness health insurance provisions
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learning from talented colleagues
- The possibility to work remotely in accordance with Luxinar’s Hybrid Working policy
- 25 days’ holiday as standard, plus additional service-related holidays
- Free on-site parking and a cycle-to-work scheme
- Possible relocation assistance for those moving to the area
Our recruitment process
We believe in moving fast and keeping things simple. Once you submit your CV, your application then goes directly to the hiring manager to review. We’ll always try to come back to you within a few days.
We’ll usually do a short first-stage telephone interview. If that goes well, we’ll want to set up a longer conversation to find out more.
However we do it, we want you to leave us with a real feel for the role and a sense of what it’s like to work with us, so we’re happy to spend some quality time to answer all of your questions.
If you’re interested, please send your CV together with a covering letter to our Recruitment team, email@example.com, before the closing date of 23:59pm, Friday 25 February 2022.