Vacancy – Mechanical & Electrical Apprentice
Luxinar Ltd has an excellent opportunity for a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Mechanical & Electrical Principles.
Luxinar has been at the forefront of laser technology for over 20 years and is a leading manufacturer and designer of industrial laser systems. Whilst we are based in our modern, bespoke manufacturing facility in Hessle, just a stone’s throw away from the Humber Bridge, we operate globally.
We are a thriving innovative market leader; our success is driven from our people. Our culture is one that welcomes diversity, fosters talent, encourages personal development and progression, and places safety as our number one priority.
What you’ll be doing …
As a Level 3 Apprentice, you will benefit from a comprehensive training and development programme. You will spend time experiencing all aspects of the production life cycle, from procurement through product build and test, to final sign off and shipment, all underpinned by Lean Manufacturing and best practice techniques.
You will be trained to assemble, calibrate, test and troubleshoot our lasers, completed to the highest standards expected of a world-class high-technology company.
Amongst the many talents you’ll develop, you will be expected to apply quality standards, interpret drawings, use hand tools, show initiative, manage priorities and your own time. You will become proficient in:
- The interpretation of specifications, drawings and diagrams
- Inspection, testing and certification
- Fault diagnosis and correction of mechanical and electrical faults
- Machine tool operation and setting
- Assembly of mechanical and electrical systems
- Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques developed in a culture of Continuous Improvement
What about you? Do you have …
- Three GCSEs at grade 9 to 4 (C or higher) including Mathematics, English and Science
- A genuine passion for engineering and technology
- Flexible attitude and ability to work under pressure as a strong team player
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving/Attention to detail and pro-active approach
- Commitment to safety.
What we offer at Luxinar
- A stimulating and satisfying environment for personal growth & career development
- An 18-month rotation around various departments where you’ll experience all aspects of the production life cycle
- One of the best salary and benefits package available
Our story is one we are proud of, but it doesn’t end here. We are pioneers in our field, always looking to transform and grow our business, enthusiastic about the future. We need you to help us achieve this.
If you are interested, please send your CV together with a covering letter to our Recruitment team, firstname.lastname@example.org, before the closing date of 23:59pm, Friday 18th February 2022. Please mark your application “Production Apprentice” otherwise delays may result.