Vacancy – Quality Technician
Luxinar has been at the forefront of laser technology for more than 20 years and is a leading manufacturer of sealed CO2 laser sources up to 1000W and, more recently, femtosecond laser sources. To date, we have an installed base of over 20000 lasers worldwide.
Our science, innovation, rigour and commitment to proving business outcomes make us a trusted partner to organisations across the globe. Luxinar helps our customers win, and we need highly motivated people to join our dynamic team. We’re driven by being focused, assured, far-sighted, global and adventurous but we never forget our people.
Why work for us
Luxinar is an innovative market leader in the development of world class industrial laser products. We value our people; they are very much our most important asset. We are a diverse workforce of thinkers and doers. We operate globally from our purpose built, state-of-the-art facility in Hessle, near Hull, East Yorkshire. We encourage and facilitate personal growth and career development throughout the whole organisation. We take pride in what we do, having a collaborative approach with all our customers and partners.
What you will get in return
- A competitive salary that will grow with your career
- An annual company bonus scheme, paid quarterly
- The offer of private health care for yourself and family
- Long term sickness health care provisions
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learning from talented colleagues
- 25 days’ holiday as standard, plus additional service-related holidays
- Free on-site parking and a cycle to work scheme
- Possible relocation assistance for those moving to the area
The expansion of our product range and continuing growth of our company have created an opportunity for a talented individual to join our Quality and Conformance team in this customer facing role.
What the job involves
- Support the Quality Manager to promote the systems of Quality Control throughout the Company, encouraging a positive quality culture
- Assist at all levels in activities designed to maintain the corporate Quality system
- Communicate all product quality requirements, and any changes to it
- Assist in the preparation and update of Quality Management System Documentation
- Help and advise on the preparation of other quality documents and plans
- Assist in carrying out quality audits on internal project processes, identifying issues as part of an informative report.
- Assist in maintaining an audit actions tracker and ensuring these are closed out in a timely manner
- Be an active member of the quality team and to promote the correct behaviours and quality culture
- Assist the IQVT inspector with inspections and testing as and when required
- Carry out inspection and check that all quality-related procedures on site and ensure all activities are compliant with Quality Management System (QMS)
- Report to the Quality Manager, control, and monitor all activities related to the QMS
- Control, monitor and update QA/QC documents for all products including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and inspection instruction/observations, delivery paperwork and other QA/QC documents.
- Responsible for the closure of Non-conformance, activities and reports
- Where necessary, develop method statement for activities including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis and Inspection Test Plan
- Carry out Internal Audits as required
If you are interested, please send your CV together with a covering letter to our Recruitment team, email@example.com, before the closing date of 23:59pm, Friday 31 December 2021.