Vacancy – Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Luxinar has been at the forefront of laser technology for over 20 years and is a leading manufacturer of sealed carbon dioxide (CO2) laser sources up to 1000W and, more recently, femtosecond laser sources. To date, we have an installed base of over 20000 lasers worldwide.
Our science, innovation, rigour and commitment to proving business outcomes make us a trusted partner to organisations across the globe. Luxinar helps our customers win, and we need highly motivated people to join our dynamic team. We’re driven by being focused, assured far-sighted, global and adventurous but we never forget our people.
This is a great opportunity to build a successful career in Mechanical Design, solving complex engineering problems on a variety of development projects. We’re looking for designers to work on new product design and development. The work will involve 3D modelling (SolidWorks), design analysis, drafting, supplier and customer liaison, prototype building, product testing and production support.
This role will challenge you and push you out of your comfort zone, so we’re looking for an engineer with a relevant degree (or equivalent experience) and around 3-5 years’ industrial experience (minimum). We expect a candidate who will contribute significantly to project development both as a lead technical role and as a task manager. Our projects rely on contributions from many stakeholders hence the candidate should have experience of working within a multidisciplinary team.
You will be part of the team working at the forefront of laser system design and manufacture. You’ll need to be used to working to high-precision tolerances and proficient at producing engineering drawings for production purposes. You’ll ideally have sound theoretical knowledge, an ability to learn “on the job”, and excellent communication skills.
What you’ll need to bring
- A minimum 3-5 years’ design experience and a proven track record in engineering
- Degree educated or above
- Experience of mechanical design & CAD (SolidWorks preferable)
- Experience of design for manufacture or production engineering
- Knowledge of engineering materials
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken)
Experience with any of the following is useful, although not required. The ability and willingness to learn is just as important.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
What we offer at Luxinar
- A competitive salary that will grow with your career
- An annual company bonus scheme, paid quarterly
- The offer of private health care for yourself and family
- Long-term sickness health insurance provisions
- Opportunities to train, develop and grow, as well as learning from talented colleagues
- The possibility to work remotely as part of the Company’s Hybrid Working policy
- 25 days’ holiday as standard, plus additional service-related holidays
- Free on-site parking and a cycle-to-work scheme
- Possible relocation assistance for those moving to the area
If you are interested, please send your CV together with a covering letter to our Recruitment team, firstname.lastname@example.org, before the closing date of 23:59pm, Monday 28 February 2022.